Turken & Porzenski, L.L.C.
Call For an Initial Consultation
636-352-1619 | 888-875-1907

September 2018 Archives

Explaining a custody dispute to your child

Parents can have an especially difficult time during the divorce process. Not only do many face difficulties related to child support and custody, but some may have a hard time helping their kids work through these issues and understand how things will change. With this being said, there are a number of ways that parents can simplify the divorce process and help make the transition less complicated for their children. For starters, communication can be incredibly beneficial, and it is important to take the time to explain the situation to your children if you believe that doing so would help them.

What is the Putative Father Registry?

In order to protect your rights as a father, the state of Missouri has set up a registry so you can be informed if a child you believe is yours is put up for adoption. It is called the Putative Father Registry, according to the Department of Health and Senior Services. This registry allows you to make an official claim of paternity to a child.

Can I appeal a child custody ruling?

During a divorce proceeding, St. Charles parents will leave it up to the courts to make decisions regarding child custody. If one parent feels the ultimate decision made was in error, he or she can file an appeal. Because this process is often complex, and because there is so much at stake, VeryWellFamily.com offers the following advice.

Ways Missouri will retrieve owed child support payments

Your ex-spouse has stopped paying child support payments, and you wonder how you will sustain your child’s necessities with only your income. Your child’s non-custodial parent may even live in a state other than Missouri, so you worry that unless you take legal action, you will not receive your court-ordered support.

What are the penalties for hiding assets in a divorce?

For divorcing couples in St. Charles, dividing assets can be challenging. This is especially true when one spouse tries to hide assets from the other in an attempt to retain marital property that should be divvied up according to the law. Not only is this practice unethical it’s also illegal and subject to serious consequences, as explained by Forbes.

How can I help my child cope with divorce?

When it comes to divorce, parents often have a tough time helping their kids cope. Children are bound to experience a whole host of emotions, from confusion to sadness to anger and everything in between. How you discuss these issues can have an impact however, which will mitigate some of the emotional fallout. KidsHealth.org offers the following tips to help parents and kids in Missouri cope with the prospect of divorce.

Email us for a response

Email Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Turken & Porzenski, L.L.C.
131 Jefferson Street
St. Charles, MO 63301

St. Charles Law Office Map

Review Us
Credit Cards