Turken & Porzenski, L.L.C.
Call For an Initial Consultation
Attorneys John Wagner & Joseph Porzenski

Helping You Put The
Pieces Of Your Life Back

Legal Representation On Your Side During A Divorce Modification

Life changes. There is no way that a divorce judgment can take into account all of the changes that will occur in the years after your divorce. When necessary, contact a trusted St. Charles divorce modification attorney to help make the changes that make sense.

At Turken & Porzenski, L.L.C., we understand the burden falls on the person attempting to modify the original divorce judgment. In these situations, it is wise to work with an experienced lawyer to determine the best course of action and the best strategy to reach a successful resolution.

The Kinds Of Decrees That May Require Modification

Typically, there are three main aspects of a divorce decree that might need to be modified over time:

  • Child support
  • Spousal support
  • Custody and visitation

We strive to provide a realistic assessment and help our clients understand the challenges they might face over the course of the case. We examine every factor that has led to this modification including the substantial income change of either party, age of children or parental relocation.

It is important to note that a verbal agreement has no legal “teeth.” Even if you and your former spouse are on good terms and are in agreement that a modification needs to be made, it is best to get it in writing. Having a seasoned lawyer on your side gives you a better chance to be successful.

Contact Our Firm

If you have questions regarding divorce modification in Missouri, contact Turken & Porzenski, L.L.C., to schedule a consultation and a valuable assessment of your case. Our office is open on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and is conveniently located near the St. Charles County Courthouse. Contact our St. Charles, Missouri office by calling 636-352-1619 or 888-875-1907. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.